Sunday, March 9, 2014

Jessica & Ben ~ Chesapeake, VA Tea Party Wedding

Jessica & Ben: MARRIED!


Hello, everyone! If you're in a snowy area (this year, at least), I hope you've stayed safe and warm! As a middle school teacher, I was pleased to have two snow days this week. They enabled me to finish editing photos from Jessica & Ben's gorgeous wedding (and sleep in :) )!

Jessica and Ben's wedding was my first of 2014, and it just so happened to snow the week prior to the wedding... something that doesn't happen much in Chesapeake! Thankfully, the weather was in the 50s the day of the wedding. Since it was warmer, taking photos outside was possible AND enjoyable, and there was some pretty snow included! God was certainly looking out for us with the weather that day.

To make the day even more special for me, Jessica and Ben got married and had their reception at the same venue my husband and I had our wedding reception last June! The reception was even in the same room! It was really neat for me to be there with a different perspective, and it was awesome already being familiar with the venue and even some of the people working there! Jessica put together amazing tea party details with lots of floral designs, pink, and gold. Everything came together just beautifully, and I'm excited to finally share the photos with you all! 

I have known Jessica and Ben for a long time - first separate, and then together as they started dating. It was awesome experiencing their wedding day with them, surrounded by so many friends and others who love them. They're also the first couple I have done engagement photos and the wedding with, which gives us an even more special bond. :) Here's to the wedding and many, many more joyful days and years ahead!

Enjoy these photos from the day, and let me know what you think! :) 






 




 










 







Embroidered & monogrammed shirts with spoon rings :)












Love this mirror shot! You're gorgeous, Jess!







Vicki, Jessica's (now) mother-in-law's first look!



And a first look for Dad <3



Jessica wrote letters to her parents and to Vicki, and they read them before the ceremony. So sweet & happy tears.






And the last first look before the ceremony!






Happy tears!!















Literally tying the knot. Love it! :)














 

Brothers :)


 


I may be a little biased because they're my friends, but the goofy shots are just the best!!













Poor Ben couldn't jump since he's recovering from knee surgery... but they requested this photo! :)







JESSICA! So stunning!



 








Handsome Ben, looking at his beautiful bride :)








 




Colin, the adorable ring bearer, joined us for the last bit of portraits :)


The girls shared a mimosa toast before the reception, using flutes that Jessica decorated for each of her bridesmaids!





Two amazing things: 
1) They created their guest book using engagement photos! Love it!
2) They created and framed cards with my name and website information 
so the guests would be sure to know who I am! SO kind of them!!










These tea cup + flower details... Ahh, I'm in love.










 












Special sneak shots of Haley (my second shooter & a best friend!) & her husband Michael, along with one of my husband and me! It was great having them there. :) 


And... a bridesmaid / my best friend, Allison :)  


















It's a bit blurry, but I had to include this photo since it represents the song "Timber" so well :) 







 





Photo Booth fun! Extra fun: My husband's dad made the Photo Booth wall for our wedding, 
and Jessica painted it and made it her own! 

 





































Ben's groomsmen gifts... MACHETES.














Jessica made these cute ribbon wands for the exit!









Whew, so many photos! I just couldn't narrow them down any more! Jessica and Ben, thank you so much for letting me be part of your special day. I loved capturing these memories, and I love you both!

If you (Yes, you! Anyone!) are reading this, I'd love to hear what you think about the photos!

Love always,

Kelly


Second Shooter  Haley Douglass
Wedding Dress David's Bridal
Hair … Darlene Draper @ Hair Group
DJ DJ Amber Rowland
Cupcakes Whole Foods Market Virginia Beach Bakery
Bridesmaid Dresses David's Bridal
Groomsmen Attire Men's Wearhouse
Invitations RoseBonBonShop on Etsy
Favors … Candy from Cracker Barrel, Gift Tags from RoseBonBonShop Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment