Monday, November 17, 2014

The Gish Family ~ Silver Lake Regional Park Family Photographer

Hi everyone!

In this season of thanks, I've been really thankful to hang out with a handful of families amidst beautiful fall weather and foliage. One of these families is the Gish family! Debra and I work at the same school, and while we have never worked side-by-side, I have loved frequently seeing her smiling face in the hallway. :) One of my favorite things about family sessions is getting to know the family as a whole as well as learning more about each individual family member. Scroll down and read the captions to learn what I did!

I stumbled across Silver Lake Regional Park in Haymarket, VA right after checking out another location that didn't "wow" me. Thankfully, this hidden little gem did! When I came upon the view of the lake by the fence, I was convinced I'd found a slice of heaven. This is such a nice, quiet place to spend a sunny afternoon by yourself or with friends and family.

Enjoy the photos from our time there!


I learned Danielle likes to read, and she also loves nature photos like I do!



Danielle and Annslee are super cute sisters and like being silly.


Annslee has lots of energy! Really fun fact: Her class went to this very same park on a field trip the DAY before our session! She taught us a lot about poisonous leaves and what to look out for while we were wandering around. :) (I'm very thankful for that!)



This family looks AWESOME together. :) 



I learned Annslee likes playing computer games and takes Tae-Kwon-Do lessons! She should have taught me some of that, too... Maybe next time!







This is the area of the park I really fell in love with. Look at that view! So peaceful. 




I love these and this family!



This mom and dad LOVE their daughters. :)




I learned Ed can get some air!!




They MADE this fort! ... Just kidding. But it was cool enough to take a photo with. :)



Thank you for this Titanic re-creation!


These girls are BEAUTIFUL.  




Debra, Ed, Danielle, and Annslee - I had so much fun with you all! Your family is wonderful and so unique in many ways. Thank you for braving the wind and spending that time with me!

Want to see another family session? Check out the Mitchell family in Old Town Manassas just as summer was coming to a close!

You can look forward to a book cover session (that's right, my friend is an author) and more family sessions coming soon to a blog near you! (That means this one. Come back here. :) ) Not sure when to come check? Simply "like" Kelly Hudgins Photography on Facebook to find out when I post!

Love always,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment