Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Book Cover Photography for H.M. Lowe ~ Greenbrier Farms, Chesapeake, VA

   Once upon a time, I met a girl named Heather in 7th grade. We became quick friends, and I fell in love with her funny family. They were soon a second family to me, always making me laugh and encouraging me. Her brother Hunter became like a little brother to me (and a little mascot to us and our other best friends), and while it's still almost impossible to believe he's in college now, I was blessed to take his senior photos last fall. Heather discovered her love for writing, began to write novels, and continued making sequels and series out of them! 

   As this story continues to be written, H.M. Lowe is about to get PUBLISHED. She will release a couple of her books at a time, and they will begin as e-books before being printed. It just so happens that E-books and printed books both need book covers... and that's where I come in!

   I was completely humbled and excited when Heather asked me to take photos for her to use as covers for her books. Everything came together as we were able to photograph our friend Lindsey, who inspired one of her characters, in a location that inspired the setting of a series as well! (Not to mention that Lindsey actually flew in from Texas for this session... Dedication, girl. Thank you.) We were joined by Heather's relative Fred, who is also a perfect fit for one of the characters. It was wonderful.

   I had never done a session like this, and I loved helping Heather bring her imagination to life. She's been carefully crafting and describing these characters, settings, and plot for her fantasy novels, and I am honored to help her reimagine it in real life. She was present for and helped guide the session, we went through the photos together over lunch, and we Skyped and screen-shared while editing to make sure they were exactly what she wanted. I'm excited to share these photos with you, and I cannot WAIT to see a few of them published! Enjoy these photos from the beautiful fall day at Greenbrier Farms!








And... Here's the mood shift :)










We went over to the main office building of Greenbrier Farms. We were inspired by its Americana feel, as well as Lindsey's aviator sunglasses. :) 
I wanted to share a couple of these with you, too!








Thank you for the huge honor Heather, and thank you for rocking your model role Lindsey. 
I had loads of fun with both of you!! Can't wait to see these photos in action!


Coming up soon... Family photo sessions, weddings, and a bit of holiday magic!

Not sure how to find out when I put up blog posts? I always post sneak peeks and announcements at Kelly Hudgins Photography on Facebook! 

Talk to y'all soon. :) 

Love, 

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment