Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Chelsey & Robert ~ The Barn at Walnut Grove Wedding Photographer ~ Elkton, VA

Hey everyone!

I hope you're enjoying summer and beating the heat! My husband Andrew and I have been packing away our house in preparation for our move to Houston. We'll be storing the vast majority of our belongings at his parents' house (so generous of them) while we're participating in Mission Year, but first we need to get it all together! We won't be moving out until the last weekend of July, but we'll be gone for the two weeks leading up to moving day, so..... we're trucking right through it! Just a few more days to get it all together, really! We'll be staying with family in August then starting our Mission Year adventure early September. 

As we say goodbye to our first home as a married couple, I've loved looking back on Chelsey & Robert's wedding day and the start of their marriage. I'm so excited to be sharing it with you! 

They got married at The Barn at Walnut Grove in Elkton, Virginia; it was really beautiful and quaint! 

Enjoy the photos :) 













It's one of my favorite things when my brides have TOMS for their wedding day :) 
Chelsey wore classy heels to the ceremony & these purple lace TOMS to the reception. Great idea!


Meet Chelsey & Robert!








The bridesmaids' reactions were so cute! Chelsey definitely looked amazing.






That first glance when a bride sees herself all put together for her wedding day <3 LOVE it




This first look was adorable... Happy tears from Chelsey and big smiles from Robert!










Ceremony - 
I love the scenery!


















Chelsey & Robert had women in their families add flowers in the vase on display as part of the ceremony. 
It was a great way to include them more!


Husband and wife!!

































Chelsey was such a classy, elegant bride <3 


They both looked amazing!

















Reception!






The table names represent important streets in Chelsey & Robert's lives, 
and they each had a card explaining the significance, too. Love it!



GO DUKES! Yes, Chelsey went to JMU! <3








Two words on these cupcakes: cute & delicious. 





The barbecue dinner was really good too! (Hey, mac & cheese.) 
Thanks again for sharing with me, friends!














This father-daughter dance... Precious. So many joyful tears.









Cake smash cutting time! 


Robert in the bottom left photo, saying, "Why would I ever *SMASH* do that?!"









This group photo is full of Dukes! J-M-U DUUUUUKES!
(Don't worry, I jumped in for a photo too :) )






Glow stick exit - a first for me and so fun!



 

Congratulations Chelsey & Robert!
Thank you again for inviting me along to capture your special day!



Special thanks to my friend Emma for coming along for the day and snapping a few of the photos you saw above! You rocked it!

And thank YOU for sticking with me through this long blog post - there were too many favorites to narrow it down more!

Be sure to check out the amazing Apel family session if you haven't already! Amidst the packing & moving craze, I've got a couple more weddings and at least one more session before heading to Houston, so check back here and "Like" us on Facebook for the latest!

Love y'all!

Kelly


Chelsey & Robert's Wedding:
Bridesmaid Dresses - The Barn Bridal & Formal Wear
Groomsmen Attire - JCPenney
Hair & Makeup - Candice Manuel
Catering - Log Cabin Barbecue

3 comments:

  1. This information is well worth looking everyone. Good tips. I will be sharing this with all of my friends! Thank you for sharing valuable information.
    Ibiza Wedding

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have express a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon… Wedding on the sea in Tel Aviv

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could help me make the most of my nourishment and time alone. Eating carefully may help me know about sound nourishment and acknowledging sustenance. Wedding photography Packages

    ReplyDelete