Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ally & Matt ~ Harry Potter Themed Wedding Photography ~ Old Town Manassas, VA

Hey everyone!

Wow, this summer is moving right along! At this point, we've moved all our belongings to Andrew's parents' house in Altavista (my grandparents asked them if they have an elastic house... I'm thinking yes), and we're currently visiting with my family for a couple weeks. Next we'll be back with his family for a couple weeks before leaving for Mission Year national orientation early September!

While I'm not certain teaching is my calling and I know pursuing this time of inner-city missions is what we're meant to be doing, I've been thinking a lot about my teacher friends from school and how much I'm going to miss them! Thankfully, fellow ESOL teacher Ally graciously asked me to be their wedding photographer, and MAN, was it a treat!!

You'll learn throughout this blog post that Ally is a huge Harry Potter fan! I'm not sure where Matt's HP passion relates to hers, but hopefully it's pretty far up there too. ;) This is the first themed wedding I've been to or photographed, and any others I am a part of have a lot to live up to! The attire and ceremony were very elegantly planned, and the reception is really where the Harry Potter world came alive. 

I'll let the photos speak for themselves.... Enjoy!







Check out that invitation suite! The invitation jacket looks like the Marauder's Map!



Ally is a Gryffindor and Matt is a Ravenclaw, so this garter set was perfect. :)


















The paper flower bouquets were made out of Harry Potter book pages!!!
Keep a look out for the guys' boutonnieres too!



Gorgeous, Ally!




Haha - I intentionally gave Matt posing instructions that I give to girls... He played right along!



First look on the train platform!




Y'all are stunning.





This photo below... Ah, one of my favorites from the whole day!







Y'all are such a cute couple!!



Time for the ceremony!

















Mr. & Mrs. Bywaters!!



To jump start the Harry Potter fun, 
they included this walk under brooms right after the ceremony!





Photo idea for any wedding, themed or not - 
Have your bridesmaids write where they met you on chalkboards!



The girls had the idea of acting like what they imagined the guys to look like in their group photos, 
so then I had the guys do the same for what they thought the girls looked like!
I think it turned out pretty well ;)

















The brick walls of the city buildings were my friends during this portrait time... 
I love how great they looked with the red in Ally's jewelry and Matt's boutonniere. 









And now the part you've all been waiting for (maybe)... Cue the magical party music.


Time for the reception, with ALL the Harry Potter decor!





Each table was named for a location mentioned in the Harry Potter books!




They had so, so many creative Harry Potter details at the reception, 
but the enchanted ceiling with floating candles was probably my favorite aspect 
of the overall decor. Amazing!!


And this cake topper... I mean, could they have picked anything more perfect?







The bar was the Leaky Cauldron, naturally. Complete with home brews Matt created!



You can look forward to more photos from the Daily Prophet Photo Room farther down in the blog post. :) 













Pardon the fact I'm in the ladies room here, but then 
remember Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and 
recognize how incredible it is that they did this.












Teachers from Stonewall Middle School! I had to jump in this one with them. :)






Angie was twirling this hula hoop all over the place... She has crazy awesome skills!



Below - because everyone loves a little "Bohemian Rhapsody."






Ally and Matt, thank you so much. 
Y'all are incredible, and not just because you put all the Harry Potter amazingness 
together so well! Best wishes for a lifetime of joy and magic!


If you enjoyed the magic of Ally & Matt's wedding day, leave them some love to let them know!
Special thanks to my second photographer Emma Winters for helping me out with the day. :)

If you missed Chelsey & Robert's wedding, check it out here... They also had some unique flowers!
Next up on the blog will be my adorable baby niece Scarlett!


Thanks everyone! 
Love, 

Kelly 

Ally & Matt's Wedding:
Wedding Dress - David's Bridal
Bridesmaid Dresses - Amazon.com
Groomsmen Attire - (Various)
Hair & Makeup - Brooke Williams
Invitations - Etsy - Totally Invited
Catering - The Bone
Cake - Costco

No comments:

Post a Comment