Monday, January 20, 2014

Ashley & Nick: MARRIED! (Reception)

Meet Ashley and Nick! Their love has lasted years and years of dating, and on November 16, 2013, they finally got married! A different wedding photographer captured most of their day, but her contract ended mid-reception. They were just going to let it be and have no professional photos from the rest of their reception, but thankfully Ashley's sister Lindsey stepped in and contacted me! It was interesting and different for me to enter the reception while the other photographer (who I don't know) was finishing her contract time, but the families welcomed me with hugs, smiles, and a slice of cake... Can't ask for much more than that!! :) Once I got a handle on what special reception events had taken place, the timing of the exit, and such, I was able to take part in the fun and start snapping some photos! The other photographer had covered all the special dances, bouquet toss, etc. so enjoy these dancing & exit photos! :)



Okay, check out the architecture of this room! Sweet? Yes. Ideal for the external flash on my camera? No! So many weird shadows! I'm thinking having an off-camera flash set-up would have been muuuch better for this room. Now higher up on my wish-list of equipment!


The groom is pictured dancing first, but his wife dominated the dance floor most of the night!















Check out Ashley's GORGEOUS dress! It's perfect for her!







Photobooths are so fun! What a cool way to put together a guestbook :)




And Nick is back on the dance floor!











Ashley has been a dancer for much of her life, so she was quite in her element!







Love this one :) Ashley is having so much fun!








Ashley is such a beautiful bride!



Lindsey and Chris looked like professionals on the dance floor. :)
















Such love <3





And now, the pretty bubble exit!



My favorite shot of the night, right here (below)!





Congratulations Nick and Ashley!! Thank you again to Lindsey for contacting me, and thank you again Nick and Ashley for letting me come photograph for a while! Love you all!

To see photos from a complete wedding I've shot, take a look at Mary & Peter's cute, simple, outdoor wedding. The next few Monday blog posts will cover weddings for which I was the second shooter in 2013! Stay tuned! :)

Love,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment