Monday, January 6, 2014

Nathan Krauss: Eagle Scout!

Hi there, friends! I'm back, so to speak! I never really went anywhere, BUT I know I've been pretty MIA on this blog for a while. Between getting married in June (yay!!), moving into a new house early August, helping with a lot of youth group events & a mission trip during the summer, and starting my first year of teaching, life has happened in a whirlwind! Winter break was a very nice, welcomed break, and it gave me an opportunity to relaaaax (which I really needed) and spend some time with family! We went back to school on Thursday, but the snow gave us another day off on Friday. Going back for five days this week will be a reality check for sure!

Back to photography... I have some catching up to do! There are a few sessions I haven't blogged about from fall & winter 2013, AND I also assisted with three weddings I need to share with you! I'll be posting a new blog post every Monday (starting now!) while I catch up - sessions first, then going back to the weddings. I'm also photographing a wedding for my friend Jessica early February, so you can look forward to those photos, too! See photos from their engagement shoot with me here.

Nathan Krauss: Eagle Scout


Alright, now to a short intro. and some photos! Nathan Krauss achieved his status as Eagle Scout this fall (2013). This is a huge accomplishment in the world of Boy Scouts, being the highest award you can receive. For his Eagle Scout project, Nathan renovated an area at the site of a local non-profit called Sparrow's Rest. At Sparrow's Rest, "Foster children and at-risk youth will be provided a safe haven where they can experience farm life in a loving, Christian environment." Their programs include independent living, equine assisted therapy, and transitional housing. Check out their website for more info! Nathan created an amphitheater near a pond at Sparrow's Rest, including building lots of sturdy benches for seating. I know this area will be a blessing to the organization as they continue their beautiful work! Photos of the project plans and finished project are included in the photos below! I haven't been out to see the project personally, but there are some pictures of pictures :) Great job, Nathan, and congratulations!


First up are some portraits I took of Nathan in September, one of which was included in the invitation to his Eagle Scout Court of Honor ceremony. We took photos in his backyard and in other areas outside his house! There was lots of greenery to utilize! :)



The photo below, on the left, was the one included on the classy invitation! One of my favorites!






The Krauss family was also kind enough to ask me to photograph the Court of Honor ceremony in October! It was at Bethel United Methodist Church, the church that the Krausses (and my husband Andrew and I!) attend. :)


 










Lower right: Nathan & his proud grandma :)




Pins for Nathan's mom, dad, and mentor! How sweet!!












Proud Mom :) 


Andrew was invited to do the invocation / opening prayer :)


Nathan's front & center! Such exciting moments!






Nathan's brother Matthew at the microphone :)




Joe gave an American flag that was flown over the Capitol building in Washington, D.C. just about a month prior in honor of Nathan! What an honor! There is a close-up of the flag and certificate in a photo farther down the post.



Catherine Bowers, founder and president of Sparrow's Rest











Pins for everyone!




Hugs after giving the pin to Dad <3
















Nathan also gave out thank you notes to people who have been influential to him in Scouts. So nice. :) 
He gave many more than those pictured here!












Pastor Marty's turn!

 





Gotta love good friends and supporters <3










This is his mentor... LOVE this shot!!





There were so many people there to support Nathan. I definitely couldn't post all the photos like these due to the sheer number of them, but those were some highlights! Here are a few from the reception time :)


I love the centerpiece photo displays they created!! Nathan's mom is pretty crafty, so I have a feeling she was the mastermind behind those ;)







 Here is the closer-up shot of the certificate and American flag that was flown over the Capitol! 
"This is to certify that the accompanying flag was flown over the United States Capitol on September 16, 2013. At the request of the Honorable Tim Kaine, United States Senator, this flag was flown for Nathan Krauss in honor of his Eagle Scout achievement." 
SO cool.









Thank you for this awesome opportunity, Nathan and Krauss family! And once again, congratulations Nathan! I know it took a lot of hard work and determination to accomplish this honor, and there are a lot of people very proud of you!!

I hope you all enjoyed viewing these photos. Photos from a senior session will be up a week from today, and sneak peeks will be available during the week on my Facebook page :)


In Him,

Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment