Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 Holiday Recap

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

What good are all these blog posts if you don't know the gal who's writing them? I returned to middle school today after a two week break, and ohhh my, it was a needed break. :) Relaxation and time with family were abundant, and it was wonderful. While I may not know all of you personally, I'd love to give you a peek into my holiday season! I took a bit of time on Thanksgiving to photograph my stepmom's beautiful table details before enjoying the meal with family. I didn't take as many artsy photos on Christmas or New Year's, but I hope you enjoy those photos too!






Below: I love making detail photos nice and straight like the left photo, but something about the right photo catches my heart.
There is beauty in imperfection (and slightly angled napkins).


You can see upside-down Kelly in the spoon... Hi there!








China plate detail <3





A peek into family time.


This is my step-brother Chris and his son Cal. So cute!
We missed my other nephew Brayden as his mommy was very pregnant at the time with his sister Scarlet and couldn't travel down from PA! 


Dad & Linda prepping that TURKEY.


Handsome men - my brother Ben and hubby Andrew. :)


My grandma - such a sweet, sweet gem <3



Cal playing with his mom Mallory!




Happy Thanksgiving!
Now, Christmastime. :) This is our Christmas tree!



If you're looking to get Christmas cards next year, consider Love 146.


Love getting cards (...and Reese's!) from my clients! Thanks Krauss house! <3
That's one of my favorite photos from our session, too.


The week of Christmas was busy busy (but thankfully my first week of winter break).
Our first stop was Chesapeake for a couple days, where we celebrated with my brother, grandparents, dad, & stepmom.

This is my brother's little Christmas setup at his house :) 
The Christmas lights reflected from the background are a nice touch!!


At Dad's house - He & Linda gave us Nationals jerseys! 
We're going to feel so much more legit going to games now!


Second stop - Back to Warrenton for Christmas Eve church services! 
Andrew led the first service, we attended the second service, then we left for Cartersville!
(Pictured below: Papa's Santa suspenders <3) 


Third stop / Christmas morning: Mema & Papa's house with the Hudgins!



They have steak for breakfast on Christmas... UMMM... <3 <3


Sister snapshots! Maybe you remember Erin from her graduation photos?


Fourth and final stop: Good ol' Altavista, Andrew's hometown.
We were there for a few days, and his mom's side of the family came into town for their annual Christmas gathering Saturday.
Crowding into Nanny's living room had been getting pretty tight, so they reserved the church social hall for the festivities. :) 


We spent the second week of my winter break at home in Warrenton, getting things done around the house, relaxing, and preparing for
something I haven't announced online yet... That news is coming up in another post!
(And I'm at that age when I feel like I need to include the disclaimer: Nope, I'm not pregnant. That is not the news.)

Our New Year's Eve consisted of de-decorating from Christmas (boring), watching How I Met Your Mother (awesome), and drinking sparkling cider (yum, but not so much when the carbonation messes with your already weird-feeling throat). At least Andrew didn't fall asleep before midnight this year... I made him stay awake. Well, actually - we can probably thank How I Met Your Mother. :)




Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the 2014 holiday season with friends and family. If not, let's be better friends - I'll hang out with you! :)

Thanks for sticking with me. Talk to you soon!

Love,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment